NiMSA at Glance
The Nigeria Medical Students’ Associations (NiMSA) was founded in 1968 as an organization of medical students, for medical students and by medical students. For more than 50 years, NiMSAhas not only been a dynamic platform of opportunities for the future physicians but has also served as their voice at the national and international level.
The Nigerian Medical Students Associations (NiMSA), founded in 1968. It represents, connects and engages every day with an inspiring and engaging network of over 40 thousand medical students from 45 medical colleges in the nation and over 2000 medical students in diaspora, uniting to lead initiatives that will impact positively in the society and assure a sustainable and healthy Nigeria.NiMSA is affiliated to National Association Resident Doctor (NARD), Nigeria Medical Association (NMA) and International Federation Of Medical Students’ Association (IFMSA), IFMSA is recognized as a non-governmental organization within the United Nations system and the World Health Organization, and also works with the World Medical Association.
NiMSA was created to impact the nation and to empower its members in taking their vision and ideas, and making them a reality. NiMSA has inspired generations of medical students to develop the leadership abilities and skills to take on challenges and to improve the world around them in an early yet crucial period of their career. Engaging in NiMSA encourages both professional and personal collaborations irrespective of geographical, social, cultural, religious, sexual and political differences. As a result, future doctors are becoming more culturally aware and sensitive physicians.
In NiMSA, the emphasis is placed on students returning to their local environments with new ideas and the skills to implement them. As the doctors of tomorrow and future leaders of health, we feel confident that our students will carry this spirit with them throughout their professional lives so that they positively impact the communities they serve.
- To cater for the general welfare, interest and defend the rights of all members of the association.
- To serve as a forum for interaction and promotion of unity among members.
- To promote the ethics of the medical profession among medical students.
- To contribute towards the improvement of the health institutions of our people by rendering help in all projects where medical students can be of assistance.
- To project good image of all members at national and international scene.
- To serve as a platform for coordinating opinions and information in medical and related organizations at home and abroad in endeavours particularly affecting Nigeria.
- To protect and defend the freedom of thought expression, religion, action, association, movement and the right to health, life and means of livelihood.
- To represent the interest of Nigeria Medical Students in all national and international matters.
- To promote legitimate interests of medical of medical students in social security, cultural activities and national reconstruction.
- To be fully involved in policy advocacy, health promotion and implementation.
- To stand against any practices that has direct and indirect negative consequences to the provision of quality health care.
- To maintain cordial relations with all national unions of students at home and abroad.
- To maintain absolute neutrality on partisan issues that border on political party affiliations.
- To stimulate an academic interchange of ideas in seminars, conferences, workshops and symposia.
- To encourage research, projects and academic discuss.
Our Vision & Mission: (Click for more)
Our Constitution: (Click for more)